- How do I connect sponsored refugees with others so that they can make friends?
- Where do I find food in Ontario from a sponsored refugee’s home country?
- What advice should I give to a sponsored refugee on how to deal with discrimination?
- How do sponsors assist a sponsored refugee to apply for a job in Ontario?
- Where can sponsors find job skills training programs for sponsored refugees in Ontario?
- What employment services are available to sponsored refugees in my community?
- Do sponsored refugees have access to the Interim Federal Health Program? If so, what kind of coverage do they get and for how long?
- What is the difference between IFHP and OHIP, and which one should the sponsored refugees apply for?
- Will the sponsored refugees be eligible for OHIP immediately in Ontario?
- I am sponsoring a refugee family, how much is the average monthly rent for an apartment in Ontario?
- Where can I find furniture for the refugee family that I have sponsored?
- I have private accommodation that can be used to help house a sponsored refugee family in need what do I do?
Taxes and Benefits
- Can sponsors get tax receipts?
- Is a sponsored refugee able to receive social assistance or social welfare in Canada?
- What tax benefits is a sponsored refugee able to receive in Canada?